Automated calculations, ability to handle dark objects make SOL PRO a top choice for 3D scanning and inspectionAllerod, Denmark — February 22, 2022 — Scan Dimension, developer of 3D scanning solutions, announces that its SOL PRO scanning software solution has received a major update. SOL PRO Creator and SOL PRO Viewer for Scan Dimension’s professional-grade 3D scanner already allow users to achieve superior quality 3D scanning results with minimal user intervention. The following new features make the process of scanning and inspecting objects even more powerful:
- The software now calculates the volume and area of the scanned object, giving users instant results for inspection.
- The new “Exclude Texture” option on a scan also reduces the total scan time by 15%.
- After calibration, the software displays the outlines of two cylinders on the turntable, indicating the recommended minimum and maximum object size.
Several features have also been improved:
- The SOL PRO 3D scanner can scan dark or partially dark objects, which other 3D software cannot achieve. With this upgrade, the noise reduction process behind the dark mode option now removes even more unwanted artifacts.
- SOL PRO Creator offers users a choice of 3 scanning modes: high precision (up to 0.05mm), normal or turbo (faster). Profiles created for High Accuracy Scan Mode now also improve turbo accuracy.
“With this software upgrade, SOL PRO becomes even easier to use and more powerful for inspection. These enhancements will keep SOL PRO at the forefront of the 3D scanner market in terms of ease of use and quality of results,” comments Jacob Bendix, Commercial Director of Scan Dimension.
SOL PRO Creator and SOL PRO Viewer software are designed exclusively for SOL PRO, one of the most accurate desktop 3D scanners in its class for inspection of product volume, surface, shape and size with metrology-grade precision. The easy-to-use software automates the entire 3D scanning process, using a combination of true laser space conversion and white light technology to achieve high-quality results effortlessly, making SOL PRO an ideal partner for inspection, quality assurance, prototyping, and reverse engineering.
For more information on where to buy or how to become a Scan Dimension distributor, write to us at [email protected]
About Scan Dimension
Scan Dimension is a division of Global Scanning A/S, a Denmark-based market leader with over 30 years of experience in imaging technologies boasting brands such as Contex and Colortrac. To visit www.scandimension.com for more information.